Tuesday, July 10, 2007

1000 things that make me Happy

Okay, so this may take a while. Well, who knows? Maybe not? These are the random thoughts that go through my head. I was just laying in bed, not able to go to sleep, b/c my brain apparently decided that it wasn't ready yet. So I was thinking about a lot of things, and singing a few different songs in my head, and as often happens lately, a song from Fiddler on the Roof kept coming to me, and I was thinking about the line, in the song "To Life", that says, "May you live to see a thousand reasons to rejoice..." and I was thinking, "wow - I've probably had way more than that, so I thought I'd start a list, in no particular order, of 1000 things that have made me happy, or My thousand reasons to "rejoice".
1. puppy breath
2. laughter
3. musicals
4. daisies
5. free and unexpected vacations
6. when my friends understand my "language" and are able to explain to others concisely
7. meeting new and interesting people
8. randomly running into an old friend I haven't seen in years
9. listening to music that literally takes me back to a certain time
10. Nora
11. Mom and Dad
12. the unconditional love of a dog
13. riding a horse on the beach in the Dominican Republic
14. seeing a credit card with the last name "Kafka" on it, showing it to my friend George and realizing that thankfully he knew who Kafka was, and asking the man who's card it was if he was any relation to Franz Kafka, and he looked at me, surprised that I knew who Franz Kafka was, and said, yes he was related to him
15. Ronnie, and how he loved me unconditionally
16. Robert because of how silly and hysterically wacky he was
17. Lee, for all of about a million reasons
18. roller coasters
19. the smell of Tahiti
20. seeing the Duomo in Florence for the first time
to be continued...

21. convertible rides on a beautiful day
22. driving a 5-speed car
23. having priceless pictures of friends and family through the years
24. Joy, who not only fits her name, but who literally saved my life
25. a really good drummer
26. watching Grease 2, laughing at how cheesy it is all the while loving it anyway, and singing all the songs and speaking all the lines along with the movie
27. Jeremy
28. really bad American Idol auditions
29. a good hair day
30. new shoes
31. sparkly things
32. pretty, bright colors
33. works of art you're drawn to and aren't quite sure why
34. the Complete Works of Shakespeare
35. Mrs. Bradley, my 12th grade AP English teacher and confidante
36. Mrs. Marx, my 3rd grade teacher who told the funniest stories of her childhood and read us one Greek myth every single day
37. Carole Lombard movies, especially 'My Man Godfrey'
38. discovering a new, totally unique jewelry artist
39. Celena's pottery
40. wandering around Forest Lawn

41. peprooms and musheronis
42. Guam
43. Good brakes!!
44. Uma
45. freedom
46. thoughtfulness in others
47. driving around on a perfect day in the convertible
48. people who are willing to be in the medical and veterinary field
49. British Humour!
50. my quirky sense of humor and how I look at things
51. my education (haven't done a thing with it, but wouldn't trade it for anything!)
52. a really good, rich cup of coffee
53. the perfect Coca Cola
54. People who appreciate "silly"

41. my sense of humor
42. my intact long-term memory

No comments:

with Christy

with Christy
"Best Travel Partner EVER"

Nora and Lady Agatha

Nora and Lady Agatha

My 2 Fave "Js"

My 2 Fave "Js"

Mom and 2 of her Wayward children

Mom and 2 of her Wayward children

The Staredown

The Staredown

With Nora

With Nora

4-wheelin' in the DR

4-wheelin' in the DR

About Me

My photo
Here's hoping having a blog will help lead me to the adventures that are out there awaiting me. I want to do something with my writing, my creativity, my skills. I just lost a job that I hated, and am so much better off for it!! It's the new me! Or rather, the OLD me! Yippee! I love the Arts, 1920's and 1930's Cinema, the Theatre, The BOB and SHERI SHOW (!), all animals, my friends, and my family. And music!! Good music, which of course is subjective, but that's another thought for another day. At the moment, I guess this is just about me, and where to go from here, and to see if constantly writing out my wandering thoughts will eventually lead to good! Can't hurt, right? I certainly was not doing myself or the Universe ANY good droning away at that "job"! Anyone willing to come along on this ride? I'll let you off if you change your mind. It is, in effect, the journey through My mind, and I am sure that's a scary place for others to be! It's like one of my favorite quotes - don't know whose, since i really saw it on a tee shirt, but it fits me to a, um, well... a TEE: "I live in my own little world, but that's okay - they know me here!"