Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Blogopinions

So it's july 4th and we just returned home from watching the magnanimous pyrotechnic display in Harbour Town, which is now going to make me digress into "how does one know what to expect with fireworks?" and "what if someone asked you what you did for a living and you said 'I design pyrotechnics', cuz wouldn't that be pretty cool?" and "how do you design such things? How do you know they're going to turn out like that?". but since I don't feel like digressing this evening, I'm just not gonna think about it. So anyhoo... earlier today I sent out a mass email to many of my friends, letting them know about my blog. After that, I sent out a mass email to the same friends giving them the correct web address... I was so pleasantly surprised that some of my friends have already looked at it and have made comments. Wanna know what I got so far? Here is what I've found out:
1 - one of my best friends really liked it but wasn't so keen on the picture of her I'd put on it
2 - another of my friends said she was glad I was doing this, and informed me that (thankfully!!) she is making jewelry again!!
3 - one of my friends first said "I'm not sure I know what a blog is, but I'll check it out." and then came back slightly scolding me for putting my name on it, yada yada yada... but she is a cop, so i know where her head is. And I love her for caring!! :)
4 - my newest friend, who gave me the idea in the first place, checked it out, thought it was good, AND said I was a babe!
So thanks to you all! This is really contributing to a very interesting new phase of, well, me-stuff. Yea! Maybe I'm more excited than I need to be, but I just tend to find happiness, joy, and giggles in all the right places! Wait a minute... Did that sound funny? Oh well, nevermind!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah ok so i'm preggers in that picture and yet still manage to look drunk.. i'm sure i had to have been sleeping.. ewe. I'm also sure we need a re-do of that pic....nora however is beautiful as usual...ugh..
Well i love your "blog" keep it up. I miss you and your humor so at least if you keep this up i wont miss a beat!!!
smooches!!!
Jess

with Christy

with Christy
"Best Travel Partner EVER"

Nora and Lady Agatha

Nora and Lady Agatha

My 2 Fave "Js"

My 2 Fave "Js"

Mom and 2 of her Wayward children

Mom and 2 of her Wayward children

The Staredown

The Staredown

With Nora

With Nora

4-wheelin' in the DR

4-wheelin' in the DR

About Me

My photo
Here's hoping having a blog will help lead me to the adventures that are out there awaiting me. I want to do something with my writing, my creativity, my skills. I just lost a job that I hated, and am so much better off for it!! It's the new me! Or rather, the OLD me! Yippee! I love the Arts, 1920's and 1930's Cinema, the Theatre, The BOB and SHERI SHOW (!), all animals, my friends, and my family. And music!! Good music, which of course is subjective, but that's another thought for another day. At the moment, I guess this is just about me, and where to go from here, and to see if constantly writing out my wandering thoughts will eventually lead to good! Can't hurt, right? I certainly was not doing myself or the Universe ANY good droning away at that "job"! Anyone willing to come along on this ride? I'll let you off if you change your mind. It is, in effect, the journey through My mind, and I am sure that's a scary place for others to be! It's like one of my favorite quotes - don't know whose, since i really saw it on a tee shirt, but it fits me to a, um, well... a TEE: "I live in my own little world, but that's okay - they know me here!"